1. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly – In today’s world, more and more people are using their smartphones to browse the web. If your website isn’t mobile-friendly, you’re likely to lose a lot of potential customers.
2. Use persuasive copy – Your website copy should be persuasive enough to convince visitors to take action. Use strong calls to action and make it easy for visitors to buy from you or sign up for your email list.
3. Include customer testimonials – Customer testimonials are a great way to show potential customers that you’re credible and trustworthy. Include testimonials on your website and make sure they’re from happy customers who have had success with your product or service.
4. Offer a money-back guarantee – Offering a money-back guarantee can increase the perceived value of your product or service and give potential customers the confidence they need to make a purchase from you.
5. Use social proof – Social proof is basically when someone sees that others are using or buying something, they’re more likely to do the same thing themselves. You can use social proof on your website by including customer testimonials, displaying how many people have used your product or service
6. Use a Countdown Timer – A countdown timer can be a great way to generate leads and conversions on your website. By creating a sense of urgency, you can encourage visitors to take action before it’s too late. You can use a countdown timer to offer discounts, promote limited-time offers, or simply create a sense of urgency around your product or service. When used effectively, a countdown timer can be a powerful tool for increasing conversions on your website.
7. Remove unnecessary form fields – If you’re looking to generate more leads from your website, one of the first things you should do is remove any unnecessary form fields. Every time someone has to fill out a field, it’s another opportunity for them to abandon the form altogether. Streamline the process by only asking for the information you absolutely need. This will make it more likely that people will complete the form, and you’ll end up with more high-quality leads as a result.
8. Add a point of purchase upsell – A point of purchase upsell is an offer made to customers at the moment of purchase, encouraging them to buy additional items or upgrade to a higher-priced product. For example, a clothing retailer might offer a discount on a second item, or a software company might offer a free trial of a premium service. By adding a point of purchase upsell, businesses can encourage customers to make higher-value purchases, resulting in increased conversion rates and overall sales.
9. Strengthen your Call to Action copy – A call to action (CTA) is an essential element of any marketing campaign, as it can help to increase conversions and drive results. However, simply including a CTA is not enough – the copy must be strong and persuasive in order to be effective. Here are some tips for writing powerful CTA copy:
- Keep it clear and concise: your CTA should be easy to understand and should not include too much text.
- Make it actionable: use strong verbs that encourage the reader to take action, such as “buy,” “sign up,” or “learn more.”
- Include a sense of urgency: create a sense of urgency by using phrases such as “act now,” “limited time offer,” or “while supplies last.”
- Offer a benefit: tell the reader what they will gain by taking the desired action, such as savings, convenience, or access to exclusive content.
10. Offer Free Shipping – A free shipping offer can be a great way to encourage sales on your website. When customers see that they don’t have to pay for shipping, they may be more likely to complete a purchase. Plus, free shipping can help you compete with other businesses that are also selling similar products. Of course, free shipping isn’t right for every business. You’ll need to decide if the increased sales will offset the cost of offering free shipping. But if you do offer free shipping, be sure to let your customers know! Promote your free shipping offer on your homepage, in ads, and in emails. Make it easy for customers to find your free shipping offer and take advantage of it.
Improving your website’s conversion rate is essential to increasing leads and sales. By following the tips in this blog post, you can make small changes that will have a big impact on your bottom line.
Get Help With Your Website Design
Need help getting started? Contact Lee Cloer today for assistance with improving your website’s lead generation. With over 10 years of experience in digital marketing, he can help you take your business to the next level.